Thursday, November 22, 2007

Brad who is seven has 2 seconds of fame!!

Brad is in bright yellow
Hang on - at least he was on for more than 2 seconds here!!!


Guess you thought you might not hear from me today. I'll be honest and say there were moments that could have had me locked up and myself and child expelled. Nah, not that bad. But close (evil grin)!!

Tonight was Brad's big night. His school concert. They have been working on this for a good few months and school work came to a complete standstill of late. You would think that Brad who is 7 would have been happy, but not. I heard frequent moanings of I'm bored, and all we do is play practise, and the best, I don't want to go to school. But hang on, you're doing NO WORK!! But mom, I'm BORED!!! Now I know why. If we, the parents blinked we would have missed him. There's my baby, there goes my baby. Hang on - is he coming back. Nope that was it. The poor guy then had to sit back stage and wait till the end. Luckily he had friends to wait with.

I discovered that Josh who is three is made for the stage. His voice can resonate. Yes, the most popular parents were at the top of the most 'shooshed list'. The poor guy was just so excited!!! He clapped, he jumped for joy and of course he had to share his excitement with everyone else in the backrow. This was not appreciated at all. Especially by Brad's teacher whose daughter had one of the lead roles. Seeing as the teacher was one of the organisers pushing all the buttons including mine she had to be at the back. Now I would think she would know her own daughters lines off by heart but apparently not as she could not recite them word for word and needed to hear her daughter say them for the zillionth time and Josh who is three was not helping one bit. Yep, you guessed it --- she led the SHOOSH brigade. Now I will not comment on the other toddlers who were making just as must noise. Hang on, their moms are not as outspoken as me. Darn!!! Oh and just so we are all clear. Darling hubby was in charge of Josh who is three. Hmmmm!!! Wonder whose buttons he was trying to push.

Back to the most liked mom. My sister did hear another mom saying that she was at the top of the list. Guessing us outspoken moms are competing for the No. 1 spot!!! Cause I thought it was mine, all mine, I tell you.

I guess you want to know why we have no photo of Brad who is seven as a tree in Snow White who walked on one end of the stage and straight off the other. I'll be honest, that was all my fault and I forgot to recharge the Nikon, so I get darling hubby asking if I brought the backup Kodak. Did I forget to tell you I'm supermom who remembers everything. Of course not, I tell him!!! It would mean I'm super efficient and that would place me in the yuppie mummy category and that is one possie I do not want, Thank You!!!

We got to hang out with the cool moms too. We had fun!!! We organised a picnic. Now picnics and sudden downpours and highveld thunderstorms do not go hand in hand. Did I mention I was wearing a white top and competing in the all new Wet T-Shirt Mommy competition. So here we are with bubbly and gourmet snacks inside having our picnic - I'm expecting a call to report to the Principals office tomorrow morning. As long as she calls the other cool moms - that's fine with me!!!

The best part is we rush in with three kids in tow, no hang on, they ran on in ahead. It's pouring buckets. Now in the chaos I think I've told my sister to grab Josh who is three. So we get inside. Get everything setup by the cool moms and hang on - where's Josh. Uhhhhm still in the car!!! Not good!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American buddies. Love you girls, miss you and hope you're having fun!!!

No comments: