Friday, March 14, 2008

I hate, Hate, HAte, HATe, HATE this Country

I'm a terrible mom because I often tell Bradley not to use the word HATE. It is an ugly and harsh word and it's hard to take back once said. But I'm the mommy right!!

So the average man on the street will be facing more interest rate hikes, another rise in petrol costs, rises in rates and taxes (and if you live in a white suburban area you see nothing for the money you pay) BUT you can count the potholes.

This morning on the way to take Josh to school, there is the Metro police with one of there illustrious road blocks. The ones with orange cones, little yellow metal speed bump and fancy trailer with camera and all. Yep, all those that haven't paid there traffic fines - guess where they are spending there weekend!! So I make my way through bumper to bumper, get to the right turn I need to make for Josh's school further up the road. Next thing sirens and metro cops jumping out all around me. Here is me right behind a Taxi - the most disliked car on the South African roads. Metro cops grab the driver, poor passengers are jumping out of the taxi in fear I take it. And here is me holding my breath. I have Josh in the car in his car seat which makes him sit higher than if he was just sitting down on the back seat and me praying to the heavens above that the taxi driver is not brandishing a gun - stupid fear but a reality. Taxi driver gets packed into the metro police bus and a metro police officer drives off in the offending taxi. Life goes on..........

I hate the fear............I hate living in a country where fear is an everyday part of life. I am tired of having to be observant at every blooming intersection, stop street and my own driveway in fear of been a smash and grab victim or hi-jack victim. The tension gets to you eventually. TODAY is a breakdown day. The tears are going to flow in the hopelessness of it all!!!! Not enough money to escape this hell hole and not enough money to stay in this hell hole!!!

I envision myself selling my glass beads at an intersection with a sign. STUPID MOTHER WHO WANTED TO STAY AT HOME WITH HER KIDS AND TRY AND MAKE A LIVING BY DOING SOMETHING SHE LOVES INSTEAD OF WORKING FOR SOME ASSHOLE OF A BOSS WHO ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE HAS A FAMILY AND THAT YOU DON'T!!!!

My rant for the day. Told you I was a lunatic........................................................now to have that happy pill that clearly is not doing it's job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: