Friday, April 25, 2008

I am Verity

I met the most amazing woman today. She is a South African Woman and singer.

Please visit her website :

http://www.iamverity.com/

Verity is travelling the most beautiful journey and has definitely made me think about my life and where I am at. If you get the chance, you just have to listen to her music. It meant so much to me as I was reading the words that I was crying - these had been handed to me as I went flying past her stand at the show we are attending. I had to go back and find out more about her and was blessed to listen to one of her songs and yes, I was doing my best to hold back the tears once again.

so here is a taste...............

'Take life in your hands and make the most of it.
Learn to make a plan and never forget,
To keep people close, take one day at a time
Love so it shows, know the magic of your mind.

Guide where you once fell, share lessons you have learned
Have stories to share, leave no stone unturned.
Live life with nature's tools, speak other people's tongues
Don't stick to stupid rules, do as you would have done.....'

-Verity-

I have been given pause to think and relook which is never bad.

At times today I honestly felt that I would never be able to sit in front of my torch ever again.

Tomorrow I am going as me - someone who is comfortable with what she wears and where she is at. No offence to skirts, fancy tops and uncomfortable shoes (yes, you would have thought I had learnt my lesson by now). Tomorrow I go in denims, t-shirt and takkies. Yes, you may gasp but definitely getting all dolled up helped nothing either - so there!!!

Hugs to you all, chat soon...............................................

No comments: