Sunday, June 15, 2008

My best friends are tissues!!

I appear to be having a bad couple of months with this cold/flu/bug/annoyance of note!!!

Earlier this week I thought it was too good to be true that I should be feeling better. Nose was clearing up etc. Today I'm back at square one. Stuffy nose, sore throat and fuzzy head!! So yes it feels like tissues are my best friend but then it could be my nasal spray. I'm a grizzly bear if it finishes and I don't have another ready on hand. While in the pharmacy this morning, as we entered they had a 'Winnie The Pooh' humidifier going. He had steam coming out of his ears - loads of steam. I want that 'Pooh'. I'd be snuggled up right close to him and he could steam me away. Hubby offered to try and steal 'Pooh' for me (sweetheart) as we only had R50.00 left. (I'M ONLY KIDDING ON THAT NOTE, I PROMSE) He would never do that but it was the thought that counts.

I'm starting to think along the lines of hot toddy's. I wish I could remember how my Irish friends made them. They were good and cured just about everything. I know I have some Johnny Walker Black somewhere. LOL

Today I've made one whole hollow and I don't like it. Typical!! But the good news is that I have managed to pack a bunch of boxes and clear out my cupboard. Just a few things that I cannot part with. A sexy top that I swear one day I will fit into and it would look stunning with denims, and my school blazer (memories sake, I guess).

Two weeks and then we're outta here. I'm very excited!! All that open space and country air. OMG, I cannot wait.

3 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Don't know how to make a hot toddy... but here's my favorite winter cold drink... Hot Chocolate (can use a mix or follow directions on the Hershey's Chocolate... do ya'll have that?) then add a shot of Peppermint Schnapps... heaven.. tastes like mint chocolate chip cookies.. and will make you forget where your nose is LOL

mgsmarcus11 said...

I enjoyed reading your article and i hope you feel better soon. Recently my doctor recommended Nasopure, a nasal irrigation system refered to as the modern neti. From what i have learned this nose wash travels along the nasal floor and makes a U turn before it comes out the other nostril. As it is doing so it plunges out the nasal sinuses, removes 80% of allergens, thins thick mucus, and shrinks swollen membranes. It has helped me immensely and i hope it can help you too. Their website www.nasopure.com is very informative too.

ShellyD said...

Elaine, no hersheys :( but we have others that are yummy. And most definitely I'd forget I even had a nose never mind the state it's in.

mgs, firstly WELCOME to my blog. Thank you for your suggestion. We were actually looking at those while in the pharmacy, same day I was eyeing out 'Pooh' LOL - I have this avid fear of drowning myself but I think I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes in my blog. Thanks!!