Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fun in the sun

I'm not going to spill the beans just yet on the definition of the word. Wonder if anybody else will play. But suffice to say - those who have commented are close and even right. Going to have to find more difficult words. LOL

As usual we were running a tad late but we got setup and greeted old and new friends. My approach for the day was to go in with NO expectations. I was not going to guess if we would do well or do bad. In the end we did okay and that was fine because deep down and the part I didn't share with anyone was that I wasn't expecting to do okay at all. Okay, I'm a nut.

What I did notice is that my stock is low. And the good news is that the new fresh bottle of oxygen has arrived and I'm hoping to put it to work tomorrow. Next month Spring is here - so I must get my thinking cap on and do something different but what. LOL

Bailey came along for the day. He really drew attention, although I'm not sure how keen he was on all the attention but deep down he was enjoying every minute of it even if it did tire him out.

Some friends from where we used to live came by. It was really great meeting up with them and catching up. They had moved out of the complex a while ago and are now moving back. The good news is is that they are moving back. Woohoo!! It will be great to have her closer again.

It was nice seeing some really innovative items. One that was really cool, could be used for a variety of things. I'll have to take a pic of it. But it clips to your desk or worktable. Is made of strong denim and holds pencils, art supplys or whatever you need it to hold. They had older kids (in there teens) who were great and had fun taking Bailey for walks. I owe them big time. :)) These markets are great family events where the whole family gets involved and it's great to see. Mental reminder to take my camera with me next time.

All in all it was a good day. I have faith in the economy even if it is small but there was most certainly a glimmer of hope today.

I'm now chilling with a glass of wine. Dinner is Boerewors, mash and gravy with some salad. Not to shabby!!

Hope you're having a fab weekend wherever you are.

ttfn

No comments: