Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sun burn..........

Ouch!!! I guess we're into a full on summer sun which I totally forgot about at our market today and the sun got my neck, chest and arms!! I feel like I'm glowing and it doesn't help that one kitten thinks it's some sort of bird and is sitting (guess where) on my shoulder - uhhhm just like a birdie would. Strange!!

Well our market was not the rip roaring success I had hoped it would be, it was rather dissappointing financially. I guess everyone is holding onto their cash for now but there was loads of interest and lots of talk about gifts going on. So will be crossing fingers for next month.

As markets usually go, we end up having a great social. It is really fun meeting up with fellow 'marketeers'. We all do something different and it's fun!! Today we got to speak to a fantastic guy who came second in the World Championships for Longbow Archery. How cool is that? He also makes Longbows. Now I guess you're wondering why all the excitement over archery. Believe it or not it is something Brad is very, very keen on. He tried it once and the bug bit him. I have not been succesful in finding out much about archery or where we could take him for lessons etc. Well that problem has now been solved!! With homeschooling we want Bradley to pursue his interests. Now all I have to do is sort out the Cricket. We then have an individual sport and a team sport. I'm getting bases covered, which is a relief for me.

With our homeschooling we have really been chatting about tons of things and one of those topics was Owls and how man is destroying there natural habitat. Well guess what?? There was a crowd there who had owl boxes (that is on a one day when we're better off financially list) but it was interesting to chat with the guy.

So we may not have come away financially rich but we came away enriched with tons of new info and that made the market worth it. Weird, huh!!

Hubby and I are coming to grips with Bailey's passing. We can at least talk to each other about it - a step in the right direction. And I can remember him with smiles instead of tears.

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

"So we may not have come away financially rich but we came away enriched with tons of new info and that made the market worth it. Weird, huh!!" Weird, nah. A happy accident, yeah! I am so glad you guys had fun, even if the sales weren't brisk. You've made a lot of valuable connections that money can't buy, ya know?

Deb said...

Darn Mich - Ang (yet again) bet me to it. That is almost exactly what I was going to say!
And you know what - the feeling it leaves you with just makes everything worth it!!