Thursday, May 22, 2008

The blubbering blog................

Instead of 'ramblings' it might turn into the 'blubberings of a lunatic mom and lampworker'.

Yep, I've already had a good cry this morning!! For both good and bad. On the good side an amazing package arrived from a group of friends in the USA. Now I need to pick and choose and fill it up again. Ooh, the choices. Do you know I wouldn't swop any of these girls for anything in the world!!! I wish today that these girlfriends were closer so we could go to a coffee shop and a have a good heart to heart girl and support chat.

So my traffic musings : Well my poor head was everywhere..........................house hunting, no money, house hunting, what the hell do I do, house hunting, jewellery making/designing, no money, house hunting............................................................yep, it's a broken record. AND LET'S NOT FORGET THAT OIL PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's sitting at what, $135 a barrel. And South African's must get used to the fact, yes USED TO that by next month we will be paying more than R10.00 a litre and by the end of the year it's going to be much higher. That INTEREST RATES are going to go up and up and up and up!!!!!

Let's not forget XENOPHOBIA!!! WTH!!! Our tourism is suffering, I guess the Soccer World Cup could suffer too.

And now ESKOM - who might just have to start load shedding again BUT, AND HERE'S THE BIG BUT, have NO PROBLEM exporting our electricity to neighbouring countries!!!!!!

Back to the petrol - the moment it costs your 'average joe' and yes, I think I'm an'average joe' a couple of hundred more a month for petrol, it means spending less on yourself or spoiling yourself.

The alternatives, I keep walking around this mountain trying to find the best route up. If a scooter was safe in this country I'd do it in the blink of an eye but how do I get the children around.

Got any ideas, let me know..............

Chat soon........................

No comments: