Friday, August 1, 2008

Dictionary rambles........

Just my thoughts, nobody elses but it's had me puzzled most of the day. Is the person using a really BIG (need a dictionary) word because that is who they are or because they want you to feel like an idiot with little or no education or could it be they just believe that they are far more superior than anyone else. Remember these are just my thoughts!!!

Today while reading a blog. Don't worry - it was not one on my favourites list. There was this really big word. Not big as in long but a WTH moment. Okay, so I pull out the dictionary. An 'aha' moment and not all is lost. I learnt the meaning of a new word, although I still think saying it simply would have sounded way much better, but then that is me.

Have you got an interesting word for me. Maybe instead of a 'Thought for the day', I should have a 'Word for the day'. What do you think??

1 comment:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I like big words... and use them a lot when I talk... but I know your aren't talking about my blog... my problem is I can't spell... so I'll try to use a big word.. and then can't spell it, so I have to think of another 'easy' word to convey my thoughts. Now about that super Mom... got news for you... she doesn't exist... no way...