Tuesday, February 17, 2009

About that 'french kiss'....LOL

I know I was meant to get back here sooner and blog about that kiss. Now don't be mad at me if you don't have a good little chuckle about it.

The story goes...

On Saturday I made some new acqaintances as well as new friends. It was a mixture of peeps for sure. The singles, the couples and those married with kidlets. Always makes for interesting conversations. The braai was a huge success, well I think so at least. The food was yummy and there was an endless supply of snacks. Naturally I behaved myself as much as I could.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=89031&id=741238012&l=b780b

That is a link to the photo's from Saturday. Amongst the group of people was a Frenchman, now this guy made us the most AMAZING cheese puffs. I behaved on the first batch and politely said 'no thank you', I behaved on the second batch and once again said 'no thank you' and darn it by the third batch when there were only a few left I crumbled and had to try one!! I'm waiting for the recipe.

When everyone one was leaving and we were all saying our goodbyes, I got my first real 'French Kiss' - eeeeek, I can sense I'm in trouble here..... but no seriousley, I made a comment that it was my first real 'french kiss' and we were all giggling like a bunch of school girls. Okay, it was funny at the time. You know the one - the kiss in the air on either side of your cheeks.....I know! What one glass of wine can do to ones senses. Astonishing!!!

As for the whole forum issue - yes, it has been mulling around in my head. Some days I wonder, some days I think I should blog some more, and well, some days I think it's just not worth it. Hmmmm, what was that about rattlesnakes. Eeek, sensing trouble here too....

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Very sweet! I would have been giggling too.

angelinabeadalina said...

**giggle, "she said french kiss," giggle**

Sounds like a blast, Mich!

P.S. The whole forum thing has bothered me for almost a year now. What I have finally decided is that there are going to be lots and lots of people that I genuinely like and enjoy communicating with, no matter which forum I visit. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make everyone in the world see things "According to the Gospel of Angie," so there are also going to be some people I disagree with, no matter which forum I visit. Will some of those people just plain rub me the wrong way? Yeah, but I guess there's potential for me to rub them the wrong way, too. In the end, I MISS LOTS OF COOL PEOPLE when I don't visit regularly, and I really like hanging out with glass peeps. . .so I'm jumping back in and just trying to find the good wherever I am at the time, ya know? I love ya, Mich, and my wish for you is that the forum issue becomes a non-issue, something you don't have to worry about one way or the other. Hugs, Ang

Bad Moon Glass Beads said...

Cheese Puffs!!!! LOL

As for the forum thang. I have offically let it go as I am pretty sure I proved a BIG point with the last little enlightenment. I can only hope people see what I see. Then again I can't change it if they don't.

More cheese puffs please....mmmmm I loves cheese puffs....slurp.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Blog more, forum less... at least for a while... give the hornets time to settle back into their nest... before the next swarm. I've noticed they swarm about every 6 months or so... so watch for fireworks again in June or July... that's my prediction...
Cool French kiss... and French food.

Diana Ferreira said...

Hey Shelly, I must agree that I am with Ang and Elaine on this one.

Maksh - a slightly intoxsicated (spelling???) pronounciation of make ...