Friday, February 20, 2009

I woke up and it wasn't . . .


. . . saturday but friday. For a split second I was truly disappointed. For some reason I wanted it to be Saturday. **sigh** I'm really looking forward to the weekend, I just want it here or maybe I am wishing the days away because next weekend we are going camping. I know, I know...you guys are going to get bored hearing about this little camping trip but you can't blame me for being excited, can you!!
After coming across a new blog this morning. You'll find it in my list of blogs on your right. It gave me cause for some thought. Why am I so determined to get it right this time? Why do I see it as a lifetime thing and not a short term thing? Why did something finally go click in this head of mine? Why is 2009 or rather 2000 + shine, the year of the Skinny Me??
The answers to all those questions are: I am tired of not having enough energy to keep up with my kidlets. I want to be able to run, play and swim with them without lugging an extra me around. I want my feet to stop hurting - yeah, they complain alot about this extra person I am carrying. I want to be able to ride a bike, to do things I want to do...and ultimately I want to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro with pride, knowing I'm in a condition to do it.
I have tried many, many diets including Weight Watchers. You lose some and you put it all back on and more. I'm not sure if it comes with age, or it's a maturity thing or what it is, but there comes a point when realising that to be fit and healthy and naturally skinny means whatever I do has to become a way of life and that is what I finally seem to have accepted and why saying NO 99% of the time to the wrong choices seems easier.
I chose Weight Watchers because I believe it will teach and guide me to a lifelong solution. I like the points system for than I like the idea of weighing my food. It is also a plan that doesn't disrupt the whole family or give cause to cooking different meals for family members. Although hubby has noticed that I don't touch bread anymore and asked why he is still buying the Low GI kind. My answer was quite simply that it was better for him, so there. LOL
My bit of wisdom for you this morning is just this, dieting is no short term solution.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

You can do it, Mich! You're inspiring me, just listening to the determination in your words. You can still go hiking and biking and all that during the process of losing the extra, too, so you're going to be having fun and enjoying life with the kiddos through it all :) I wanna see pics of you on top of that mountain! It's going to happen!

Tiffany said...

Bravo! You can do it..you are certainly doing it for the right reasons. Keep up the fight and enjoy camping ;O)

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Oh Mich, that looks like such a cool place, do take your camera, I want pictures, of the rocks, the animals, those pools... you can DO IT... and it'll help with the weight loss... which by the way you ARE DOING GREAT!! Down two weeks in a row... you go girl.