Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weigh-in : Wk 1 - Weight Watchers

To say today was anything but challenging would be a lie. Have you ever had one of those days where you constantly make excuses why NOT to do something. i.e. I need cash and I'm not near an ATM, I'll have the boys with me and do I really want to go, I can do it next week, I can do it tomorrow, I can do it any other day just not today.......and on and on and well on......


I gritted my teeth and just did it. Is it Nike who says: "Just do it" . I find that 9 out of 10 times it is generally the best option. LOL


Okay so I weighed in at 104.4 Kg's - for all my overseas buds that would be a whopping 230.162 LB otherwise known as pounds.


Now what had me puzzled is that I have been hanging around this figure for months now, yet between December and now I feel like I've put on a whole bunch more. One thing is for certain is that I feel puffier. My wedding ring is making itself known and my face to say that I feel like a blow fish is an understatement of note. {{grin}}.


Thanks to all of you for your support. Elaine, you're my voice of reason. How many times can I say that those same results have happened to me - countless. Every diet I have tried. It was nice to hear the honesty. Did I hear the negativity - no way!! I just heard a friend being very truthful. I could even see it in hubby's lift of the eyebrows - you know that puzzled look that says haven't you done this before but is trying to tread very carefully into unchartered waters. Well not quite unchartered because every man I am sure has tried every path he can think of when it comes to 'those' waters. Mine certainley has!! LOL But still everytime he has to face the 'D' word the waters become very unchartered.


I have a pile of information to get through tonight. Meals to plan etc etc. One thing I can say is that it is going to be fun trying to fit in everything I have to eat. I looked at the 18 point person for a day and that was quite a lot - how I'm going to sqeeze in an extra 5 points is going to be very intersting!! I have 23 points for each day. Let's just say I will NOT starve!! If I do then I have doing something wrong.


This is the plan. Each Tuesday after weigh-in I'll post a blog about my week and my achievements or non-achievements!!
Let the journey begin.........

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I do not find 18 points a day to be a lot of food, so you will have to share some of your food and menu ideas with me. I try to stick to the 18 points during the week and then I use all my extra points on the weekend 'cause that is when we go out to eat. Monday is my weigh in day. I am 3 weeks in, actually gained this past week because of all the Obama parties. Sigh. That was not the change I was looking for!!
Good luck to you. You can do it.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step... you're on your way... good luck my friend I'm pulling for you.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you're going on this diet whole-heartedly. Is this food that you can actually eat? Will your family complain or expect a seperate meal?

I watched my mom and sis go on every yo-yo diet with great results...well for awhile anyway. The only diet my mom ever lost weight and could keep it off was Atkins. This was because she actually liked what she was eating.

While dieting you will hit periods when you can't seem to loose anymore. This will be the toughest time for you. But we all will be here to cheer you on.

good luck

Deb said...

Way to go Mich! You will do this - I know you will!


Darn - I am going to have to do something about me - everyone is making me feel like I'm a slacker!!